Saturday 30 April 2011

ONE RIB... THAT'S ALL YOU GET

I’m not particularly a big fan of the institution of marriage but I do dream (literally) of a happily ever after. I am however a HUGE fan of weddings; they make my eyes excrete and result in a lot of sniffing whilst holding a handkerchief. The sniffing and sweaty eyes is not because I think that they couple who are exchanging their vows and starring lovingly into their partners eyes are making the biggest mistake of their life; NO! It’s because I believe the fairy tale ending for them. In that moment I see it in their eyes that they will live happily ever after. So, it needs no mentioning that yesterday being Kate… oh sorry, she is CATHERINE now... CATHERINE & WILLIAM’s wedding I was makaratasi (read an emotional wreck, of sorts anyway). The vows… the bride’s gown, the little girls and of course WILLIAMS BROTHER… Hmmmmmmm :-) (Shall we have him on a silver platter, please?)

Moving on, someone stated that men were created polygamous and that’s why Mohammed advocated for Muslim men to have four wives… I’m no guru of Islam, but long long time ago when I was in campus, my lecturer actually said there is no such thing… He claimed that Mohammed asked, “if it is hard enough to love ONE woman and all her drama, what about FOUR?”, again, I am no Islam guru… I stand to be corrected. 

Anyway, when I heard him say that men were created polygamous beings I sighed so loudly, he mistook it for a yawn. Let’s us not even go to how my eyes nearly got stuck in my sockets because of how hard I rolled them... That to me was just a bunch of BS! Why? Eeerrrm, let’s see!?! The Good Book - The Bible, one of my favorite books, says that when God created Adam and Eve, he took ONE RIB out of Adam and used it to make Eve. Is my point home yet? Yes? Good!... No? *Sigh*

ONE RIB, NOT TWO!!! Man was not created polygamous! Neither was a woman by the way since she was not molded from two halves of a rib from two different men. Besides, in the words of my friend Sandra: “Why would God be so CRUEL as to make a commandment against something He created?” Why would God, assuming that man was created polygamous, then give a commandment like, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY? C’mon people!!! 

ONE RIB!!! That’s all you get! ONE RIB! If it isn't your ideal matching rib, suck it up! Life is not always about getting what you want but what you need; besides even donor organs sometimes resist the hosts' body for a few days before getting a hang of their new system!

ONE RIB!!!! ONE RIB = ONE (WO)MAN!!!

PERIOD!!!

If you have A RIB, enjoy it this weekend! 

On a lighter note,I have a niece, Leila. She is the happiest baby I know… YET, and  I have had the fabulous honor of baby-sitting this entire week. She has FOUR teeth! The joys of having a kid around the house… INCREDIBLE!!! Watching her eat her FEET this week… Well, *Utter bliss* 

Auntie Shilo loves you! :* 




4 comments:

  1. you inspire me plain and simple!!!Did I ever tell you something about God having a sense of humour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! :-) :-) :-) Addy, mucho gracias. And yes, I know a bit too well about just how incredible God's sense of humor is... Gotta love HIM! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well,am sure you have heard that sometimes the hosts body utterly rejects the organ, what then? Just poking at your analogy:-)One rib, deep stuff sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, First, Thank you! Secondly, I thought about "utter rejection" by the host later on? I came up with a conspiracy theory :) Unlike organ donations, human beings are given the opportunity - lets say 7 years :) - to determine how compatible "the rib" shall be?

    Ha! This discussion could go on forever

    ReplyDelete