Friday 8 April 2011

Jumping in the rain

The thing about having a blog is that when a follower ask you to write about something.... You kind of have to do it but  lets not make it a habit eh?!? :-) 

Random question? When was the last time you played in the rain with a friend, spouse, or sibling? Do you remember how much fun that was?


So anyway, I got an text today. A friend wanted me to write about the topic that Maina Kageni and Churchill (spelling his radio stage name is a task given my cultural background, hence Churchill and not Kinganga... yeah that one). Anyhow, my phone is always tuned in to one frequency and no its not classic, God knows its not KISS Fm (Catch me dead. Its nothing personal by the way)... Yes, yes yes I am a die hard Capital FM fan. Like literally, I'd take a bullet for  the team, maybe excluding CK but hey! Moving on swiftly... I had no idea what the debate on Classic was and I was not going to subject my phone to some treacherous stuff. That said, my friend still went ahead and told me how the show was about men and women (whats new???) and some drama about men throwing women out of home and the latter refusing to be thrown out (Girl Power MY BLACK PALM!!!) and the men plotting to sell the houses behind the women's backs (And apparently women are back-stabbing female dogs) blah! blah! blah! Granted that I was not listening to Classic and I was not going to betray DJ Adrian's Friday Flight Mix, I hope you can forgive my gross misrepresentation of the facts of the topic. But the little I was told got me thinking... Really?!? We - men and women - have stopped to this level. Really? Women empowerment MY BLACK PLANTAR FASCIA (Read Sole).



These women and men who are literally driving each other up the wall have too much energy and me thinketh its been channeled in the wrong places. Seriously, wouldn't it be much for fun to go fly a kite (its been a while eh?) or jump in the rain rather than persistently plan on how to make someones life miserable?!? Really? This thing people call love. Love is a rumor to some people or perhaps their definition of love is the equivalent of getting all cuddled up *wink* and seeing as to how women are rumored to always have headaches at night *Ka-ching ching* then love or rather that messed up definition of love is thrown out the window!
Anyhow, bottom line is this: In love or not, your happiness cannot be determined by what others do or don't do! To those men and women who breathe, live, think and dream about making their "sweethearts" miserable... GET A DAMN LIFE  AND PURSUE HAPPINESS!!! Take one step at a time.. Its drizzling now... Go out and play in the rain with your dog, cat, parrot, rat, roach... whatever! Just do something that makes you happy.

In the word of a wise man:  

Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln~




1 comment:

  1. funny how you state that happiness shouldn't be determined by what people do or fail to do.how many people share your sentiments?more importantly do you?

    ReplyDelete