Sunday 3 April 2011

KINDLY GO IN PEACE!!!!

Dear Mr/Ms/Mrs. Politician

Consider this a rant for lack of any other superlative! I have just about had it with this whole Hague process and the rallies and "coded" insults our leaders... oh sorry, our politicians are literally hurling at each other! Anyhow, i try as much as I can - with extremely little success, if any - to ignore all the childish drama but my background both family and education do little to support my cause; so here I am.


There is this body called the NCIC (National Cohesion and Integration Commission). I'm still trying to figure out if they are worth tax payers money because they appear to be ALL talk with little or no action. Moving on swiftly. It seems as though some leaders politicians are uniting against a "common enemy" for reasons only known to them. In his defense, one of them stated that he is not attacking the common enemy's community but the specific individual... I rolled my eyes so hard they could have stuck somewhere in my eye sockets. He also went on to say if he goes to the Hague then he will go proud of one achievement - that he and his "friend" have united the antagonistic communities in Rift Valley! *WOW* Again, I rolled my eyes and thought to myself how effective this magic wand (read political rallies) is; wondered how come no one (among the two "friends") had the brains to use it earlier, like perhaps before 2007/8!!!

Back to the whole "I only have an issue with the individual and not the community" statement. If you live in Kenya then you know a bit too well that the two are mutually inclusive and please thou shall not kid yourself that Kenyans have shed off their tribal outfits blah! blah! blah! So here I am looking at this chap and wondering if his elite status bubbles him up so much (never mind the gazillion political rallies he's had in the past month) and if he actually believes in the rubbish he was feeding us with; let alone think Kenyans - especially the ones who originate from the community of the "common enemy" - will believe him? Its completely ridiculous - again I lack a superlative - to think for one second that political rallies that are attacking "an individual" will bring the country together. Its ridiculous to think that because that organization called NCIC has done jerk to try and bring this country together! Jerk! So Kenyans are still polarized and these rallies are NOT good for the country.... AT ALL!!!

The only thing I can hope for is that after 2007/8: WE, Kenyans, minus the leaders, are still scared enough by PEV! WE learned how easy it is break into civil war! WE have not forgotten how bad things got! WE have not forgotten how many lives were lost! WE learned something from PEV.

NOTE: Those who are going to the  Hague... Can you just pack your bags silently and get the hell out of our lives! Just because you are going down does not mean you take an entire nation down with you... Its selfish and highly immature! As for our media.... *Sigh* Lets talk about that another day!

Yours truly, 
PISSED OFF KENYAN! 




3 comments:

  1. They say if you cant dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit. our politicians reign supreme in this art.

    bigfan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juma, you should be doing my parting shots! :)

    Many many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. definately to be!

    ReplyDelete