Saturday 2 April 2011

Tata's Cocktail = Happiness

Yesterday was Fool's Day. It was also the 13th Memorial Anniversary of a kind, visionary man who was a great father to his children and superb uncle to his nephew and nieces, which is the category I belong. I know you're probably thinking who dies on Fools Day??? Best believe God has a sense of humor, that we sometimes fail to share in. I still wonder whats up with that especially since he died before midday! *Sigh* 

In exactly 11 days, it will one year since the death of one of the sweetest, warm people I have been privileged to know and meet. Kavivvy, as we fondly called her because of her high-pitched baby voice even at the age of 18, died "suddenly" after she was misdiagnosed with some random sickness while all along she had Cancer of the bones. I never got to see her in her pain, but something tells me it may have been for the best; because for me I still remember her as she were before her illness.

There is something about April that gives me the jitters. But yesterday got me thinking... A whole lot. Life is too damn short to just exist in it. I was chatting with a friend who told me about her "aunt" who has been married four times! FOUR! No, she is not, young and foolish; neither is she in the States or any Western Country where such things are as normal as a cop accepting a bribe in Kenya, her aunt is in Kenya and has been married FOUR times to Kenyans. Why has she been married FOUR times? Her answer was simple: Life is short to even be unhappy for a single day in your life. So when her first, second and third husbands pulled fast ones on her, she left and continued in her pursuit of happiness. My friend, still amazed by her aunt described her as a lady who is on a cocktail of some seriously hard drugs to try help me understand how happy "tata" usually is.

Life is short to dare be unhappy over things you have control over. If its a lecturer, boyfriend, boss, girlfriend, friend, sibling, tout, blah blah blah... You need to re-evaluate just how important they are to you, what value are the adding to your life and if its a boss draining out on joy, then get on the cocktail of hard drugs or look for a "tata" in your life to tickle you. 

In the words one of the greatest rock bands ever: 

Nickleback- If today was your last day 



2 comments:

  1. :)I'm happy, I have you as a friend. But true your happiness is determined by you and you alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TRUE! TRUE! TRUE! Thank you life :)

    ReplyDelete