Monday 24 September 2012

1001 Rules for My Unborn Son - Walker Lamond

September is definitely a good month wouldn't you say... This is my THIRD post. That is a record this year... Something I am not particularly proud of but then again, no pressure.

Today's post is going to be, errmmm, not-original but only because I stumbled upon this site: http://rulesformyunbornson.tumblr.com/ and the content thrilled me sooo much I just had to share. Now, before I do share: I am explicitly stating that the content that shall appear here is not my original work but it is by Walker Lamond's the author of the book: 1001 Rules for My Unborn Son. Don't want to get slapped with a plagiarism-suit like Caroline Mutoko. 

Anyway, I am not a mom, not about to become one but I read nearly all 1001 rules and below are a couple of my favourite (in no particular order) 

Hope you enjoy.

  1. Nothing good ever happens after 3:00 a.m.
  2. Offer to carry a woman's bags, especially your mother - she carried you for 9 months
  3. Never spend too much on a haircut. They don't last. :-)
  4. At the end, LOYALTY trumps AMBITION every time.
  5. Be a well-informed voter.
  6. Honking your horn won't make them go faster.
  7. Keep your eye on the ball AND follow through; in sports and in life.
  8. Spend time with your cousins. You are more alike than you think.
  9. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. You will be done in half the time.
  10. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room. You will be surprised how often it works.
  11. JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD.
  12. Return a borrowed car with a FULL tank of gas.
  13. You only get ONE chance to notice her new haircut.
  14. IF THE ENEMY IS WITHIN RANGE, SO ARE YOU.
  15. SUCK IT UP!
  16. If you are good at something, never do it for free.
  17. DO NOT under-estimate your fertility! Hehehe.
  18. Sometimes your best bet is to bet on her.
  19. If she asks for your help opening a jar, you better damn well open it. :)
  20. Never under-estimate the power of taking out the trash without being asked... To put this in the Kenyan context: Never under-estimate the power of doing something without being asked.

Have a blessed week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment