Thursday 24 January 2013

My Honest Poem

I saw this on the internet, and I was completely blown away. So, I am doing the right and honourable thing and SHARING IT WITH ALL OF YOU  :)

*Enjoy*

I've been told that I give bad hugs
People say it feels like I'm trying to escape
It’s probably because I am
Secretly I get really nervous 
Every time someone gets close enough to hear me breathe

I have an odd fascination with things like sand castles and ice sculptures
I assume it’s because I usually find myself dedicating time to things that will only last a few moments
I guess that’s why I fall in love with things that will never love me back
I know that sounds crazy but it’s easier than it seems and to be honest I think it’s safer that way
You see relationships often remind that I'm not afraid of heights or falling
But I am scared to death of everything that's going to happen the very moment that my body hits the ground


I'm clumsy
Yesterday I tripped over my self-esteem
Landed on my pride and it shattered like a Iphone with a broken face
Now I can’t even tell who’s trying to give me a compliment 
I've never been in the military but I have this purple heart
I got it from beating myself up over things I can’t fix

Some days I treat my body like a costume and I feel like a mascot for a school no body wants to go to
I know this sounds weird but I wonder what my bed sheets say about me when I'm not around
I wonder what the curtains would do if they found out about all the things I've done behind their back
I have a hamper that’s over flowing with really really loud mistakes
And a grave yard in my closet
I'm afraid if I let you see my skeletons
You’d grind my bones into powder and get high off my fault lines.

I often forget my skin is not a panic room
I enjoy frozen yoghurt, people watching, and laughing for absolutely no reason
But I don’t allow myself to cry as often as I need to
I have solar power confidence
And a battery operated smile

My hobbies include
Editing my life story
Hiding behind metaphors 
And trying to convince my shadow...
That I'm someone worth following 


~By Rudy Francisco~

Amazing, right? RIGHT! 

Ok then, have an absolutely amazing end to the month of January :)

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment