Thursday 12 April 2012

Pick me

Writing this post, is going to leave a bitter taste in my mouth because its not my kind of writing... AT ALL!!! I'm actually posting it under coercion from a friend. 

A brief history of the post: It was written at 4:03 a.m after my oh-so-beautiful niece woke up screaming and hurriedly returned to sleep (turns out she was never awake in the first place) thus leaving me and my thoughts awake. *Big Mistake Dear Niece*

So, this post is what transpired at four a.m. - thanks to my thoughts.... or not!

Here goes:


Pick me from your array of pastries,
Pick me from the white and black forests,
Pick me from the chocolate fudge... and any other fudge cake,


*FUDGE* 


Just pick me

Pick me - your old fashioned vanilla cake with no raisins, cream or strips of chocolate which you love so much
Pick me for my simplicity

Pick me from the exquisite bouquet of flowers,
Pick me, 
Not the Daffodils,
Not the Lilies,
Not the Carnations, 
Nor the Birds of Paradise,
Pick me - the old fashioned thorny rose from your exquisite bouquet of flowers,
Pick me for my pricking thorns

Pick me from your bouquet of flowers,
From your sunflowers and;
From your white tulips
Pick me because I am a thorny rose

A thorny rose;
Whose scent shall but last a while,
Whose beauty shall surely fade and;
Whose colourful petals shall but wither
Leaving me bare

Pick the rose from your fancy bouquet of flowers,
Pick the vanilla from your platter of black, white and fudge pastries

*FUDGE*

Just...

PICK ME! 

LadyAiyanna

6 comments:

  1. good things come out of writing outside your comfort zone! love it:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still dealing with the bitter taste... :)

      Thank you! :))

      Delete
  2. Brilliant piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thank you. Keep reading.

    ReplyDelete