Thursday 8 March 2012

To the Men in My Life

I have had one guest blogger on my page and his post nearly gave one of my most loyal readers’ high blood pressure or something to that effect… She literally had to breathe into a brown bag to get herself together. Today’s post is a collage, inspired by my least favorite radio station – Classic FM! They chose to celebrate women (Today is International Women’s Day to all you blondies out there) by requesting women to call in and say something to the men in their lives; fathers, brothers, husbands, boyfriends, friends et al. I posed the same question to the women in my life… Their responses are as follows:

P.s. I have picked random names from the Bible

*Jemmimah: If a man, any man loves a woman truly… then a woman will submit, respect and care for that man; be it a father, colleague or friend
*Keziah: Stop trying to understand women and love them instead, it’s that simple.
*Keren-Happuch: To man up! (Lol! I thought that was so straight-forward… My favorite)
*Rachel: Well, Rachel had a lot of things to say. In fact she said something specific to each and every man in her life… Everything she said, it all boiled down to: Man up/ grow a pair or two… and you give me butterflies J  
*Eve: I love them… Thanks for showing me that there are good hardworking men in this world. Men who know how to love and take care of what is theirs in an honest manner! *Sniff*
*Sarah: She broke it down for me as well. She had something to say to each man… It all boiled down to: Man up!
*Delilah: Treat your woman the way you want your daughter to be treated by her man! 
*Deborah: I would never have realized my strength if you (men) were not in my life… #DEEP!

Naturally, these women, well some of them anyway, posed the same question to me. So, to the men in my life, 
Ladyaiyanna saysTrying to keep up with bottled happiness in varying %’s (read as alcohol) is the last thing we wish for; over-consumption of alcohol takes you away from us!  There is absolutely no justification for being unfaithful... ONE RIB, IS ALL YOU'RE MISSING! Women multiply the love, respect and care they receive from a man or anyone for that matter. Give me love, respect and care… I give it back to you in double portions… and then some! J But above all, women just want LOVE and CONSISTENCY from you!"

Women are phenomenal! To borrow from Maya Angelou:
“It’s in the reach of our arms
The span of our hips
The stride of our steps
The curl of our lips…
It’s the fire in our eyes
The flash of our teeth
The swing in our waist
The joy in our feet…
It’s in the arch of our back
The sun in our smile…” J J J

A TOAST TO ALL THE WOMEN IN THIS POST & ALL OVER THE WORLD! :*

With love,
A Phenomenal Woman!

4 comments:

  1. Wondering how one tunes in to their least favorite radio station...but thats besides the point.
    Happy International Womens Day to you too Lady Aiyanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe! They don't tune in. They get into a matatu which is tuned into their least favorite station. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this one I read on my way out of the office at 5pm as I was trying to adhere to the rules and I found it very inspiring especially how the names of the women who were asked to give their opinions, you should have asked me my opinion...I tell it like it is ofcourse!@ Kezia how one tunes to the their least favourite radio station is sometimes out of one's control,its like when you board a matatu that has classic 105 on!! Do you alight in the middle of the road and say Shukisha! shukisha! shukisha! 'This is my least favourite radio station'? he he he he

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the read. :) Keep reading.

      Delete