September is definitely a good month wouldn't you say... This is my THIRD post. That is a record this year... Something I am not particularly proud of but then again, no pressure.
Today's post is going to be, errmmm, not-original but only because I stumbled upon this site: http://rulesformyunbornson.tumblr.com/ and the content thrilled me sooo much I just had to share. Now, before I do share: I am explicitly stating that the content that shall appear here is not my original work but it is by Walker Lamond's the author of the book: 1001 Rules for My Unborn Son. Don't want to get slapped with a plagiarism-suit like Caroline Mutoko.
Anyway, I am not a mom, not about to become one but I read nearly all 1001 rules and below are a couple of my favourite (in no particular order)
Hope you enjoy.
- Nothing good ever happens after 3:00 a.m.
- Offer to carry a woman's bags, especially your mother - she carried you for 9 months
- Never spend too much on a haircut. They don't last. :-)
- At the end, LOYALTY trumps AMBITION every time.
- Be a well-informed voter.
- Honking your horn won't make them go faster.
- Keep your eye on the ball AND follow through; in sports and in life.
- Spend time with your cousins. You are more alike than you think.
- FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. You will be done in half the time.
- Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room. You will be surprised how often it works.
- JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD.
- Return a borrowed car with a FULL tank of gas.
- You only get ONE chance to notice her new haircut.
- IF THE ENEMY IS WITHIN RANGE, SO ARE YOU.
- SUCK IT UP!
- If you are good at something, never do it for free.
- DO NOT under-estimate your fertility! Hehehe.
- Sometimes your best bet is to bet on her.
- If she asks for your help opening a jar, you better damn well open it. :)
- Never under-estimate the power of taking out the trash without being asked... To put this in the Kenyan context: Never under-estimate the power of doing something without being asked.
Have a blessed week.